Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lazy Saturday

So in detemining the purpose of this new blog, I am leaning towards making it a documentation of the day-to-day goings on of life. I don't particularly do all that exciting of things, but there are exciting items that do come up here and there, and I would like to keep a record of those, in addition to my daily life. I love to travel, so this will be a great opportunity to document that. But it will also be a good opportunity to just document daily life, that can be looked back at and either laughed over or cried over, depending! So with that said....

Today was actually a rather low-key day. We got up and shared a nice cup of coffee before having to get ready to head to Willow Grove to get Ish to her infusion appointment. Once there, we dropped her off and Cyn and I headed over to Home Depot to kill the hour it takes for the infusion to be done. We got some plants and wandered around. Whenever I go into a Home Depot or Lowe's, I realize how men must feel when they are forced to go shopping with women. Really, how many tools can you look at? And I guess they think, how many pairs of shoes can you look at? So it all balances out in the end! Once we picked Ish up from the infusion clinic, we headed to Sonic for the tradtional post-appointment treat. I wasn't very hungry, so I just got a kid's grilled cheese sandwich. From there, we hit this dollar store that is The Best Dollar Store in the World! I found out about it last month, and bought all kinds of things to decorate for St. Patty's Day. This time, I went Easter-crazy! I got peeps and eggs and chocolate and all kinds of stuff. I found a camoflauge Easter basket for Cyn, as I don't think she'd really like the traditional pastel colors.

From there, we drove the hour home and just chilled around the house for awhile. I started dinner, as it was a roast that took a couple hours. Got that going and just hung out in my bedroom, reading on the eReader. I've missed reading on that, as all my reading for the last 4-5 months has been studying for the CPSM. But now that that is over, I can read for pleasure again. I started Seabiscuit for book club a little while back and didn't finish it on time (because of the aforementioned CPSM studying), but I have this thing where I cannot start a book and not finish it. So... I muster on. Not my kind of book, but... hopefully, it picks up soon.

So, really, a low-key day, not much going on. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment