Monday, April 4, 2011

South Africa -- Day 4

What a low-key day today. Our plan was to go to the Apartheid Museum. My brother was having a car sent at 11:00. Mom and I went over to the mall complex for coffee and breakfast and while we were there, trying to hurry through our meals, my brother called. He informed me that the museum is closed on Mondays! So there went our plans for the day! So we came back to the condo and had a leisurely day of reading, resting and napping. Mart came home from work, finished up a few things and we went out to dinner. Tonight was Nando's, a fabulous kinda fast-food place that makes peri-peri chicken. We had it when I was in London and loved it, so I had asked if there happened to be a place that served it here. Luckily, the same chain operates here, so I got my fix. I bought a bottle of mild peri-peri sauce to try and recreate this amazing chicken at home! The mild set my mouth on fire, so I think that will be good!

Tomorrow, it's up at 4:30 AM to head to Capetown for the rest of the week. Our flight really isn't until 9:00 AM, but my brother has a business flight at 6:30, so we thought we may as well ride along to the airport. And this way, we get to hang out in the Business Lounge until our flight! So an early night tonight, then Jess and I are on our own in Capetown until Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment